Thursday, October 17, 2013

To A Hero.

When your a little girl your hero is someone who is make believe. Its super girl, GI Joe, the Hulk. Wonder Woman or your imaginary friend. You dream of becoming these things and of being able to do the things that they do. You want to rescue the world and be cool the way they are. When looking up the definition of hero this is what came up

he·ro

  [heer-oh]  Show IPA
noun, plural he·roes; for 5 also he·ros.
1.
a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.
2.
a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and isregarded as a model or ideal: He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.


    When I was younger My hero wasn't some imaginary person, It was my cousin Angie. She was my best friend and devoted so much of her time to me. Instead of hanging out with her friends on the weekend she would come pick me up and we could go on double dates with another couple. When I would have school pictures and she was a teenager she would wake up at 6 in the morning to come do my hair for me because she knew it would mean the world to me if she did. She would invite me on dates to plays and I would hang out with her and her boyfriend. She was my side kick. Her and I would drive around blasting Dixie chicks and singing at the top of our lungs. When she decided she was going to go on a adventure with her best friend to Hawaii for the summer, I was mad. I didn't know what I was going to do with out her. My heart ached while she was gone. I would watch the dixie chicks and cry... haha. It sounds stupid but when someone who means the world to you that you see on a weekly basis leaves for the summer, its tough. When I think of my childhood I think of her and all the things she taught me. She taught me to love my family unconditionally and no matter whats important in your life whether boyfriends or friends that family is always important and always comes first. She taught me what a true friend is. even though we are both married now and she has kids, I can still say she is one of my best friends. She has taught me a lot about mother hood and how to love your children. When she was in the hospital for months when having her second child she taught me what a real fighter and hero looks like. Even though we are miles apart, she will always be one of my hero's. 

Angie, thanks for teaching me, and loving me and for being there for me while I grew up. I love you and I will always look back to my childhood with fond memories with you as my side kick. 






1 comment:

  1. this is sweet. so important to write things down like this so you can always remember! xo

    the well-traveled wife

    ReplyDelete